Part Time Hourly
The Events Staff is accountable to the Director of Events and the Executive Director.
The Events Staff has the authority to carry out the duties of the office within the framework of the bylaws, policies, plans, and budget approved by the Board of Trustees.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
The Events Staff is employed by the Director of Events and the Executive Director in consultation with the Executive Committee. The Events Staff is subject to the personnel policies set by the Board for such period as the working agreement is mutually satisfactory to employer and employee.
JOB SUMMARY AND ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Events Staff in consultation with the Director of Events and the Executive Director is responsible for implementing the physical security program to protect museum buildings, objects of art, employees, volunteers, and visitors to the museum, and to perform duties related to special events, rentals, and building maintenance.
Specific Job Responsibilities and Duties:
In consultation with the Director of Events, the Events Staff:
- Monitors events on Thursday, Friday evenings, Saturdays and occasional Sundays as needed
- Reviews weekly schedule prior to event for assignment
- Assist rental clients with questions and needs
- Clean up and empty trash after events
- Set-up tables and chairs as needed for events
- Break down and store tables and chairs after event
- Set-up and break down of electronic systems and screens
- Ensure all gates and doors are locked
- Engage electronic security system to secure building after events
- Report all incidents which result in injury to the Director of Events
- Immediately report any unresolved issues to the Director of Events
- Performs other duties as necessary
Interested Events Staff candidates should submit a completed application (download below) and current resume via email to email@example.com